Readout Units and Accessories
Data acquisition system
Connectable to piezometers, strain gauge heads equipped with displacement transducers, inclinometer chains, conductivity sensors, weather stations etc.
The MINILOG data acquisition unit is a compact and economical 4-channel datalogger, compatible with all the instruments produced by the SIM INSTRUMENTS. Different types of measuring instruments can be connected to the same unit.
The MINILOG in the standard version is powered by a 9V battery which is also able to power most of the instruments connected to it. It guarantees an autonomy of 7 years in standby while, in the acquisition phase, the battery life depends on the acquisition intervals and on the types of instruments connected (e.g. for an acquisition of 4 displacement meters, 6 times a day, the control unit will have an autonomy of about 3 years). If necessary, the MINILOG unit can be connected to an external power source.
If you need more than 4 channels, the MINILOG control units can be connected to a SWITCH unit mod. ML-SW which can accommodate up to 8 MINILOG control units, up to an availability of 32 channels; communication via serial is unique for all control units.
For data transmission via FTP or remote control unit management, it is possible to connect the MINILOG or SWITCH unit to a GSM modem.
The MINILOG is placed inside a watertight container in reinforced polyester, whose dimensions depend on the number of channels and/or accessories required.
The MYLOG unit can be managed via PC with the VEDO software provided by the SIM STRUMENTI. VEDO allows you to manage all sensor parameters and data processing, on site or remotely.
- The acquisition intervals are programmable from 1min to 24 hours.
- The SCAN RATE function allows you to check the alarms of each individual channel, with a programmable frequency from 1min to 24 hours.
- The WARM UP function, programmable from 1 to 60 seconds, allows you to supply current to the instrument before taking the reading to stabilize it.
- Upon connection, the MINILOG unit provides all the parameterization data stored inside, as well as the battery status.
- The data is stored in a solid state memory capable of acquiring up to 32,000 data .